Are you about to move into your new home? Congratulations! Cleaning before you move into your new place is one of the first things to do. A sparkling clean and disinfected home should be your priority. In this article, we’re going to talk about carpet cleaning in your new home. It’s definitely one of the most important areas to clean, given the carpets can trap dust and all sorts of bacteria you don’t want in your home.
Moving into your new home
Let’s face it – although you’re probably happy and excited, you are in for a very stressful process – relocation. Even if you are moving within the same neighborhood, it can be tiring and requires good organization, a lot of decluttering, and packing.
Once you’ve moved into your new place, you will need to unpack and sort all your belongings. To save yourself some valuable time, let experts deal with this. Why not enjoy getting to know your new neighborhood while professionals deal with unpacking your things? It’s definitely a win-win situation.
Wouldn’t you rather spend quality time with your family than unpack? We’ve got a solution – hire professional packers to help you.
However, before you come to the unpacking part, we recommend cleaning your new home. It’s much easier to clean all the surfaces, especially carpets, without having to shuffle boxes and furniture. Even if your landlord or the previous owner had the place cleaned after messy tenants, you should still have everything cleaned once more.
Why is cleaning carpets important?
Not only is dirty carpet not something nice to look at, but it can also cause health issues, especially if you have allergies. Carpets tend to trap a lot of dust, bacteria, and dirt. Therefore, they can create major health problems for you or any member of your family. Imagine breathing in all of those allergens, potentially even bugs? That can’t be good for anyone.
Also, keep in mind that carpets also hold on to odors and stains. Imagine what could be hidden between the carpet fibers if the previous tenants had pets? If there was any water damage, there could even be mold in your carpet. Mold is pretty hazardous and can cause serious health issues. Therefore, if you notice any, make sure to have professionals treat it in order to get the best results.
To make sure your carpets are always clean, vacuum regularly.
It would be best to always try to keep your carpets clean by vacuuming them regularly. However, carpets should not be your only concern. A clean home overall should always be your priority, especially with the current pandemic in mind. By keeping your house clean, you will keep COVID-19 away from your home and keep your family safe.
Carpet cleaning in your new home
Although it is probably the last thing you want to do, you should make sure to thoroughly clean all carpets in your home. Still, you can always hire professionals if you feel like you’re not up to the task.
Whatever you decide, we’re here to help. We’ve prepared a detailed explanation of how to clean your carpets by yourself as well as the reasons why you should consider hiring professional cleaners.
How to clean carpets in your new home by yourself?
Here is a step by step guide for cleaning your carpets on your own:
- As you want to free up the dirt and loosen up the fibers, make sure to sweep the carpet.
- Vacuum the carpet. Pay special attention to high traffic areas, especially hallways.
- To remove any odors, sprinkle baking soda all over and let it sit. After a while, make sure to vacuum all of it.
- If there are any stains, you can treat them with a mixture of water and distilled white vinegar. The good idea is to put it in a spray bottle, so it’s easier for you to apply it. Scrub the stained areas, and soon, you’ll see them vanishing in front of your eyes.
- The next step in carpet cleaning in your new home is to steam clean it. You can rent a steam cleaner if you don’t already have one.
- Clean the carpet by wetting it and then drying it. Whenever you see dirty water in the hot water tank, make sure to replace it.
- If you have central air conditioning, turn it on to help the carpets dry faster. Also, make sure to vent the rooms. However, wait until the carpets are fully dry before opening the windows if it’s humid outside.
- Before moving in your furniture, make sure to vacuum the carpet one more time. This will help the fibers to fluff up.
Benefits of hiring professionals
If you find that cleaning carpets on your own is too much for you, you should consider hiring professionals to do it. It is a very affordable way to have your carpets thoroughly cleaned without having to break a sweat. Your carpets will look brand new and, most importantly, you can be sure they are germ and stain-free.
The most significant advantage of hiring a professional carpet cleaning service is their experience and knowledge. Professional cleaners have gone through extensive training and know exactly how to tackle any cleaning issue that might come their way.
After professionals have done their job, your carpets will look brand new. More importantly, you can be sure they are thoroughly clean.
When hiring professionals, you also hire their expert tools, equipment, and cleaning supplies. How cool does a UV lamp for identifying the source of odors sound? They will also have a commercial steam cleaner that is much better than anything you can rent to use on your own.
Deep carpet cleaning professionals do usually means steam cleaning. A steam cleaner basically uses hot water to extract dirt and all unwanted substances deep from your carpet fibers. Commercial steam cleaners are much more powerful, so you can be confident your carpets are spotless and disinfected.
What professional cleaners usually do is:
- First, they treat your carpets with special chemicals to loosen the dirt and stains.
- After that, they do a thorough steam cleaning and vacuuming.
- Once all of that is done, your carpets are left to dry for a couple of hours.
Once you’re back home, you’ll be greeted by the smell of cleanliness and carpets that look brand new.
Regardless of whether you decided to hire professionals or do it on your own, carpet cleaning in your new home is necessary. As you want to keep your family healthy and safe from any potential allergens, having clean carpets is a first step to ensure that.